A private breathwork session is an active meditation that allows us to take the drivers seat in our own healing journey. With my guided support, we will tune into a specific area of focus for your session and use the breath as a tool to clear out stuck energy, emotions and belief systems.
A healing journey is one that never ends. We will always be seeking healing in one area or another at some point in our lives. Peeling back the layers is something that many of us avoid by engaging in addictive behaviors, self-sabotaging or pretending like everything is “fine.”
Breathwork is an invaluable tool to help keep you grounded and connected to your spirit through good times and bad.
It is an unbelievably simple practice that already lives inside you. Are you ready to dive in?
Who is a private breathwork session for?
- You would like to let go of anger, loss or grief
- You feel like you are ready for a supported emotional release
- You feel unworthy of love or carry shame around asking for support
- You have difficulty opening your heart to others and receiving love
- You suffer from anxiety, depression, insomnia or exhaustion
- You have chronic physical pain
- You feel stuck in the past and can’t sort out why it’s so challenging to move forward
- You desire sacred partnership but don’t feel worthy
- You want to share your creative gifts with the world but feel unable to express yourself
What Is Breathwork?
Simply put its an active breathing meditation that gives your brain something to focus on while your physical and emotional bodies release stuck energy. It’s also a tool that allows you access to your feelings and the ability to dialog with them. With discipline and practice, healing emotional response patterns that may have been established in early childhood is possible.
The basis for this self-healing modality founded by my teacher, David Elliott, allows us to cultivate and elevate our ability to deeply love ourselves even when it feels really hard.
There are many different types of breathwork (techniques vs healing) but this particular style is all done breathing through an open mouth while lying down. No previous experience required.
Benefits of breathwork
- Relief from stress, depression, anxiety, grief, anger, pain
- Mental clarity
- Renewed energy
- A greater sense of well-being and calm
- Creative hits—many “ah-hah” moments
- Emotional release in a safe container
- Intuitive messages are often heard and felt
No matter what has drawn you to a private breathwork session, I like for students to imagine it as a spiritual housekeeping practice that offers everything from a light dusting to an intense deep cleaning. Our “stuff” can clog our energy centers, just like a trashcan that has become overly full. It is necessary to take out the garbage on a regular basis otherwise its contents will rot. Make sense?
The breath is the most intimate relationship you will ever have. Without the breath there is no life.