Breathwork is an active meditation practice that allows us to take the drivers seat in our own healing. When done in a one-on-one setting with a facilitator, we can laser focus on what you are experiencing in your life right now and what is coming up to be healed.
As someone who tried just about every type of healing modality to find peace in my life, breathwork has proven time and time again to be my best medicine. From chronic depression to self-sabotaging, anxiety to addictive behaviors, the healing journey is one that will never end. Life will keep presenting you with challenges and wins. Breathwork is an invaluable tool to help keep you grounded and connected to your spirit through the good times and the bad. It’s basically an unbelievable practice that already lives inside you. Are you ready to dive in?
WHO IS BREATHWORK FOR?
- You would like to let go of anger, loss or grief
- You feel like you are ready for a supported emotional release
- You feel unworthy of love or carry shame around asking for support
- You feel difficulty in opening your heart to others or receiving love
- You suffer from anxiety, depression, insomnia or exhaustion
- You have chronic physical pain
- You feel stuck in the past and can’t sort out why
WHAT IS BREATHWORK?
Simply put its an active breathing meditation that gives your brain something to focus on while your physical and emotional bodies release stuck energy. It’s also a tool that allows you access to your feelings and the ability to dialog with them. With discipline and practice, healing emotional response patterns that may have been established in early childhood is possible.
The basis for this self-healing modality founded by my teacher, David Elliott, allows us to cultivate and elevate our ability to deeply love ourselves even when it feels really hard.
There are many different types of breathwork (techniques vs healing) but this particular style is all done breathing through an open mouth while lying down. No previous experience required.
BENEFITS OF BREATHWORK:
- Relief from stress, depression, anxiety, grief, anger, pain
- Mental clarity
- Renewed energy
- A greater sense of well-being and calm
- Creative hits – lot’s of “ah-hah” moments
- Emotional release in a safe container
- Intuitive messages are often heard and felt
No matter what has drawn you to breathwork, I like for students to imagine it as a spiritual housekeeping practice that offers everything from a light dusting to an intense deep cleaning. Our “stuff” can clog our energy centers, just like a trashcan that has become overly full. It is necessary to take out the garbage on a regular basis otherwise your house will being to smell horrible and a few unwanted houseguests (aka roaches) may settle in. Make sense?
The breath is the most intimate relationship you will ever have. Without the breath there is no life.
Virtual one-on-one sessions are also available Skype/Facetime/Zoom.