80% of the items people buy + keep are never used.
✔️ Do you often buy more than you need or use?
✔️ Do you have multiples of several items that are rarely used?
✔️Do you have a spare bedroom or garage filled with things that you don’t use?
✔️ Do you worry about where the new things you purchased will be stored in your home?
✔️ Do you shop when you’re emotional? An impulse buyer?
✔️ Do you often go shopping to get away from daily life?
✔️ Are you concerned about climate change + our planet?
✔️ Do you have children that you would like to teach how to shop with care yet your own habits are out of sync with your values?
The Clutter Healing® Conscious Consuming Guide will mentor you through a self-exploration journey of your shopping habits so that you can align the way you consume with your core values.
Based on my combined 20 years of spiritual development work and running a home organizing business, this guide was created after my own conscious consuming journey left me unsure of how to start and how to continue shopping in a way that supported the environment, my community and my family.
After years of wasting endless hours searching for deals and discounts, I finally realized that what I WAS searching for, myself + my purpose, was never going to be found in a store. I dove deep into reflection and discovered so much about my habits and how to consume and declutter consciously according to my values. Now, my time is invested in my home, my health and my relationships instead of consuming for the sake of consuming.
I assume that you are here to find more clarity with your shopping habits and have been feeling the pull to do things differently. I’m so glad and I’m here to support you with open arms and no judgment.
“With clothes, I used to use them as a way to fill a hole — and they were never right or enough. I shopped A LOT and would buy similar items over and over (none were quite “right”). Gratefully, I have healed in this area and now select clothes items that I love and lend to my joy and confidence.”
A few of the scary statistics on the negative effects of over-consumption:
- Americans collectively spend $2.7 billion dollars every year replacing the items they can’t find.
- On average over our lifetime, we will spend a total of 10 minutes every day looking for an average of 9 lost items. This means 3,680 hours or 153 days wasted looking for things.
- The average American household has more than $7,500 in consumer debt.
- 9.4% of U.S. households rent a self-storage unit.
- The average American makes 5 impulse buys a week.
- The average U.S. household has 300,000 things.
- 54% of Americans are overwhelmed by the amount of clutter they have, but 78% have no idea what to do with it.
- Women’s’ stress levels are directly proportional to the amount of stuff in their homes. Research has shown that women who perceive their homes to be cluttered tend to have unhealthy patterns of cortisol levels.
- Up to 60% of the trash that ends up in the garbage could be recycled.
- 84% of clothing ends up in the landfill or incinerators. The average American throws away about 81 pounds of clothing every year.
- ⅓ of global food is wasted every year, 43% coming from homes.
- 80% of toys end up in a landfill, incinerators or the ocean while 90 percent are made of plastic and are used for just six months on average.
- Over 300 million tons of plastic are produced every year, half of which is used to create single-use items such as shopping bags, cups and straws. If discarded improperly, plastic waste can harm the environment and biodiversity. At least 14 million tons of plastic end up in the ocean every year.
- A 2015 study found that the production and use of household goods and services was responsible for 60% of global greenhouse gas emissions.
- Every hour, Americans throw away 2.5 million plastic bottles.
How this guide can help:
By reflecting on your past consuming habits, discovering what you truly value, and creating positive changes for the future, you will save money, time, energy and the planet. You will start consciously consuming only what you need, and learn how to responsibly donate and recycle that which is no longer serving you. With a little bit of gratitude and the knowledge to clear old patterns, you will be able to declutter your physical space and your mind…and keep it that way! Isn’t it about time you focus on what really matters?
The Clutter Healing® Conscious Consuming Guide Includes:
✔️ An explanation of what conscious consuming is + why it matters
✔️ Uncover your relationship with consuming and discover your shopping style
✔️ Affirmations to promote lasting change
✔️ Finally figure out your top 5 core values + why they matter
✔️ Gratitude practices that will change your neural pathways
✔️ Worksheets + journal prompts to unlock the truth behind why you shop the way you do
✔️ A checklist to guide you in your future purchases
✔️ Actionable steps to start consuming consciously
✔️ FREE GIFT INCLUDED: The Clutter Healing Donation + Recycling Guide. A comprehensive resource for discarding responsibly.
“I can be really eager to make sure we have xyz foods in the house as part of feeling in control and safe. I can constantly find myself scrolling shopping sites – can add so many things to my cart and don’t buy. When I’m in a store, it’s either everything or nothing – I want to get it all or none. I am now trying my best to be more aware!”
“Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.” – Carol Burnett